Chaplain Candidate Program
This weekend thousands of men and women will not attend religious services at home. Instead, they choose to defend the freedoms of Americans, including the First Amendment which preserves our religious freedoms.
They need your help.
The Air Force Reserve is looking for qualified clergy to serve as chaplains. We are also looking for qualified seminary students to train as chaplain candidates.
The Air Force Reserve Chaplain Corps exists to ensure the free exercise of religion. We are a diverse community of faiths serving a pluralistic population while remaining true to our own faith traditions. We train chaplains and chaplain assistants to provide ministry to airmen and their families.
In order to respond effectively to national and international emergencies, the Air Force Reserve must maintain a high level of readiness at all times. Ministry that makes a difference requires us to be current on all training and to maintain a sense of urgency.
Your Air Force Reserve ministry will enhance your civilian ministry by:
- Providing quality leadership training at no cost to your faith group
- Equipping you to serve a diverse community
- Offering health, dental and life insurance benefits at nominal cost
Your civilian ministry will complement your Air Force Reserve ministry by:
- Sharing your education and experience with us
- Adding your ministry insights and perspectives to ours