Chief Master Sergeant Robert J. Potts is the Command Chief Master Sergeant of the 910th Airlift Wing, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio. He advises the commander on matters concerning the health, morale, welfare, and the effective utilization of the Reserve members within the wing, and serves as the commander’s representative to numerous committees, councils, boards, and military and civilian functions.
Chief Potts entered the Air Force in April 1987. He graduated from the aviation navigation systems specialist course at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss., in December 1987. His background includes various duties in avionics both on equipment and off equipment. Throughout his career, he has filled roles including shop Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, shift supervisor, First Sergeant, Professional Development Facilitator and Flight Chief. His assignments include Castle Air Force Base, Ca., Pittsburgh International Airport Air Reserve Station, Pa. and deployments to Ramstein Air Base, Germany; Luis Muniz Air National Guard Base in Puerto Rico and Operation ENDURING FREEDOM. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Superintendent of the 911th Maintenance Group, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School, Castle AFB, Ca.
1994 Noncommissioned Officer Academy Correspondence Course
1996 Avionics Systems Technology Community College of the Air Force
1999 Air Force Reserve Command NCO Leadership Development
2001 Associate of Science Business Administration University of Pittsburgh
2002 United States Air Force Senior NCO Academy Correspondence
2003 USAF First Sergeant Academy
2005 AFRC SNCO Leadership Course
2008 Bachelor of Science degree in Management, American Military University, Manassas, Va.
2008 AFRC Professional Development Center SNCO Leadership Course Facilitator training
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence
2010 Masters of Business Administration in Operations Management, Colorado Technical University, Chicago, Ill.
2012 United States Navy Senior Enlisted Academy, Naval Station Newport, R.I.
2014 Chief Orientation Course, Robins Air Force Base. Ga.
2015 Professional Manager Certificate, CCAF
2015 Associate of Human Relations, CCAF
1. April 1987 – June 1987, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1987 - December 1987, Student, Technical Training School, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
3. January 1988 - April 1997, Avionics Specialist, 693rd Organizational Maintenance Squadron, Castle AFB, Ca.
4. May 1991 – November 2002 Avionics Systems Craftsman 911th Maintenance Squadron, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
5. November 2002 – June 2003 First Sergeant 911th Operations Group, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
6. July 2003 – April 2008 First Sergeant 911th Maintenance Squadron, Pittsburgh IAP ARS, Pa.
7. August 2004 – December 2004 First Sergeant 386th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Ali Al Salem Air Base, Kuwait
8. April 2005 – September 2005 First Sergeant 8th Expeditionary Air Mobility Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Doha, Qatar
9. May 2008 – March 2013 Flight Chief 911th Maintenance Squadron Pittsburgh IAP Air Reserve Station, Pa.
10. May 2008 – November 2015 facilitator AFRC Professional Development Center, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
11. March 2013 – November 2015 Superintendent 911th Maintenance Group, Pittsburgh IAP Air Reserve Station, Pa.
12. December 2015 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 910th Airlift Wing, Youngstown Air Reserve Station, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
(Current as of January 2016)
Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class August 1988
Senior Airman April 1990
Staff Sergeant September 1992
Technical Sergeant May 1997
Master Sergeant May 2001
Senior Master Sergeant September 2003
Chief Master Sergeant October 2012