CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT CHIN M. COX
Chief Master Sergeant Chin M. Cox is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga. She advises the 22nd Air Force Commander on all matters concerning the health, morale, welfare, readiness, and effective management of more than 9,800 assigned enlisted members at 64 locations. The 22nd Air Force contributes to worldwide operational missions to include aerial spray, fire suppression, weather reconnaissance, tactical airlift and airdrop, and aeromedical evacuation. Chief Cox provides leadership and guidance as the commander’s representative to numerous committees, councils and boards, and military functions throughout the command.
Chief Cox entered the active duty Air Force in 1991 as a diet therapy technician and was stationed at Edwards Air Force Base, Calif. She retrained to become an aeromedical evacuation technician in 1998. Her senior noncommissioned duties have been at the unit, wing, and major command levels. Chief Cox has deployed in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom. She has held senior enlisted positions at the Air Force Reserve Command’s Yellow Ribbon Integration Program and at Luke Air Force Base, Ariz., and on the Joint Staff at the Pentagon. Prior to her current position, she was the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 439th Airlift Wing, Westover ARB, MA.
1991 Nutritional Medicine Technical School, Lowry Air Force Base, Colo.
1996 Air Force Reserve Command Noncommissioned Officer Leadership and Development, Hill AFB, Utah
1996 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Hill AFB, Utah
1998 Aerospace Medical Service Technical School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2002 Aeromedical Evacuation School/Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape (SERE) Training, Brooks AFB, Texas
2008 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, correspondence
2010 First Sergeant Additional Duty Course, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, correspondence
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Course, Luke AFB, Ariz.
2011 Associate in Allied Health Sciences degree, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, correspondence
2012 Associate in General Insurance/AINS designation
2015 Bachelor of Science degree in Strategic Leadership, Southwestern College, Wichita, Kan.
2015 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, correspondence
2017 National and International Security Leadership Seminar (NISLS), Washington D.C.
2018 Chief Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2018 Executive Perspective Seminar, Washington D.C.
2020 Emerging Technologies Seminar, Arlington, Va.
2021 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2022 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington D.C.
- December 1991–July 1995, Diet Therapy Journeyman, 95th Medical Support Squadron, Edwards AFB, Calif.
- July 1995–April 1997, Diet Therapy Journeyman, 419th Medical Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
- February 1998–May 2002, Aeromedical Evacuation Technician, 433rd Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Lackland AFB, Texas
- May 2002–June 2007, Aeromedical Evacuation Technician, 452d Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
- January 2007–June 2007, Aeromedical Evacuation Flight Instructor, 452d Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, March ARB, Calif.
- June 2007–January 2011, Nursing Services Flight Chief, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- January 2011–January 2012, Nursing Services Assistant Superintendent, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- January 2012–July 2014, Nursing Services Superintendent, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- July 2014–July 2015, Deputy Enlisted Manager, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- May 2015–December 2015, Yellow Ribbon Wing Representative, 944th Fighter Wing, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- January 2015–July 2016, Yellow Ribbon Event Manager, AFRC, Robins AFB, Ga.
- July 2015–July 2016, Chief Enlisted Manager, 944th Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Luke AFB, Ariz.
- August 2016–June 2017, Senior Enlisted Leader, National Guard & Reserve Matters, the Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- June 2017–October 2018, Senior Enlisted Leader, Joint Staff Surgeon, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
- October 2018–May 2021, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 439th AW, Westover ARB, Mass.
- July 2021-present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Pistol)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic July 19, 1991
Airman Jan. 19, 1992
Airman First Class Nov. 19, 1992
Senior Airman July 19, 1994
Staff Sergeant Sept. 1, 1998
Technical Sergeant May 1, 2003
Master Sergeant April 1, 2008
Senior Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2011
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2015
(Current as of July 2021)